Congratulations! Whether you are starting your fitness journey with us, or have been with us for years, we’re thrilled to have you be a part of our Achilles Ottawa community. Whether you are new to physical activity or are a veteran, there is a place for you within our club and we welcome you with open arms.
Annual membership with Achilles Ottawa costs $25 and we encourage runners of all abilities who would like to walk or run to please complete an Achilles Ottawa Membership Form or download a pdf of the paper form and scan/email or mail it to us. If you would prefer a membership form be emailed to you, please send an email to email@example.com
Runners may pay directly in-person or provide a cheque, payable to Achilles Ottawa in the amount of $25 to Margarita Gorbounova, 35-3205 Uplands Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K1V 9T3
Whether you are interested in meeting new people and discovering walking or running for its own sake, or have a training or competitive aspiration in mind, we are confident that your participation will enrich our community and we sincerely hope and believe that the benefit will be reciprocal.
We hope you’ll keep us updated throughout the year on your progress by posting pictures or articles to the Achilles Ottawa Facebook page, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information or to learn more, please feel free to send an email to: email@example.com
Here are a few basic tips to support you in your running journey:
- Good shoes: start with a good pair of running shoes which feel comfortable and which offer plenty of support.
- Remember that running is your own personal journey: feel confident and comfortable with the paces and running frequency which feel right for you regardless of what others may be doing.
- Set modest but realistic goals: give yourself time to adapt to your running and try to be patient – it will come.
- Hard easy: alternate running intensities from day to day so that you develop a pattern in in which hard days are separated by one or several easy recovery days.
- Hydration and nutrition: focus on drinking water regularly and eating well to ensure your tank is full prior to running, and post run to support optimal recovery.
- Listen to your body: if you’re sore or fatigued, it may help to apply ice to a recent injury, rest, or seek massage or other forms of treatment. Conversely, don’t be afraid to push it from time to time if you’re feeling good.
- Have fun: enjoy your running and the wonderful opportunity to connect with your body, the environment and the community around you.